Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life is too short

On Tuesday a girl I went to school with was killed in a car crash. She hit a tree and flipped her car. Wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She leaves two young kids behind. She was 26.

I don't understand how someone so young, so friendly, so funny, could be taken from the world this way. She has 2 kids growing up without a mom now. Why? What was the purpose of this?

I just don't understand anymore. I don't understand how we could make cars go on batteries, we can fly planes across the Ocean, walk on the freaking moon, but can't cure cancer, we can't make cars better so they don't kill anyone in a crash. We can't stop pain and suffering or end hunger. Why? Are we, as in the world, just so stupid and naive? Do we take things for granted too often?

I think we do. I know I did. And I did wonder yesterday, how did she die in her crash but I survived mine? And why? For what purpose? Do I have a purpose here on Earth? Something I'm supposed to do for the great of mankind?

I also wonder why the good people in this world get cancer. Why the evil we have here, the molesters, murderers, rapists, can live years in a cushy jail cell? Why those who work hard are suffering b/c there is a shortage of jobs, money is scarce. Yet those in jails still live because they get three squares a day? Can work out in a gym, go to school for free?

What the hell. I think the world is ass backwards sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment